Clarington Island Cleanup 05/20/17
May 20 @ 8:45 AM - 12:00 PM
“Connect with Nature” Sustainability & Resilience Committee Event
Clarington Island Cleanup with the Biscayne Bay Foundation and Coconut Grove Sailing Club
Join the Movement!!! Biscayne Bay Foundation, Coconut Grove Sailing Club and Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce are hosting their monthly Clarington Island Cleanup and are looking for you to be a part of it! Come on out to help make a difference and make our planet a and safer place for all species!
- Registration begins promptly at 8:45 AM at the meeting spot under the clubhouse inside the gate.
- Transportation to and from the island will be as needed starting at 9AM.
- All volunteers must check in and sign waivers before they can start. ** If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver in advance.
- This event is recommended for anyone 8 yrs. or older. Adult supervision is required for anyone under 13 yrs.
- Please check out where you checked in to insure that no one is left on the island.
- Parking is available on the street or at Sonesta Garage. Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Community Service Hours will be given for attendance. Please be on time to collect your hours. Letters will be given on site after the clean up.
- Closed toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes that you do not mind getting wet and dirty.
- Hats are highly recommended.
- Work/dish-washing gloves. We have some work, kitchen and medical gloves that you can borrow.
- Water in a reusable container (please don’t create more waste and bring plastic water bottles to clean up plastic water bottles!) Additional water will be available for refill.
Biscayne Bay Foundation and CGSC will provide:
- Mosquito spray
- Water to replenish water bottles
- Medical Grade Gloves in size medium (donated by South Miami Sports Medicine)
- Refreshments will be provided after cleanup including beer (donated by Biscayne Bay Brewing Company) for those over 21 yrs old.
May 20, 2017 at 8:45am – 12pm
Coconut Grove Sailing Club
2990 S Bayshore Dr
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
Camila Q. Sharp
Director of Business Development